Encyclopædia - Kingston-upon-Hull
- Spiders -
9 Cleveland Street. Only vaguely Gothic club in Hull. Fridays student night, Saturdays for locals and Goths, punks.
- The Welly CLub - Wellington Avenue. Tuesday night - alternative. Succubus - under 18s rock and alternative night.
- The New Adelphi Club - 89 De Grey Street. Mondays - Open Mike night (free entry), gig venue. Run by Paul.
- Bug (at Pozition) - 135 George Street, HU1 3BN - some sort of alternative night.
- The White Room - 175, Cleveland Street, HU8 8AZ. Friday nights Goth night 'Dark Decorum'.
Used to be called The Full Measure. Owned by Rocky.
- Ye Olde Black Boy - old town, opposite Durty Nellie's. Has cider.
- The Hog's Breath - 2-4 Roper Street, Quay West, HU1 2QA. Some Goths hang out here on Fridays and Saturdays.
Bright green, in red light district, used to be venue for Asylum.
- Amazing Fantasy - 13 Anlaby Road, near the Tower. Comic shop, games, books.
- Page One Books - 9 Princes Avenue, HU5 3RX. Independent bookshop.
- Experience -
Carr Lane. Fetish clothing, goth clothing, hair extensions, body piercing.
- Disc Discovery - near Spring Bank? Past Inkworks, down some small stairs.
Old band merchandise, vinyl, CDs
- Spin-It Records - Market Hall, Trinity House Lane, HU1 2JH. Old records. Owned by Steve.
- Fat Larry's - Next to Pool's Corner, Newland Avenue. Second hand CDs, videos, vinyl.
- Norman's Place - 19 Anlaby Road, near Tower nightclub. Second hand vinyl
- Urbanite - 24, Anlaby Road, HU1 2PA. Rubber, pvc, metal clothing, accessories.
- 8 Prince Street - former home to Com Transmissions, a performance art troupe in the 1960s featuring Genesis P Orridge and Cosi Fanni Tutti.
- Planet Coffee - 162 Newland Avenue (corner of Alexandra Road). Students, Spiders regulars.
page created: 2004-06-30t19:20:23z last updated: 2004-06-30t19:59z